What the Consulate General can do for you
- Give orientation and assistance to argentinians victims of crime, and concerning medical issues, deaths, and traveler welfare.
- Issue, renew or replace passports
- Ensure that relatives of argentinian citizens are informed regarding accidents, deaths, or natural disasters and provide assistance.
- Give assistance to Argentine citizens in prison and help them communicate with their relatives.
- Ensure legal assistance to Argentine citizens on trial.
- Assist Argentine citizens in matters of estate related issues after death of a relative.
- Contact the local authorities in the search for missing argentinian persons.
- Issue travel authorizations to minors with the consent of their parents or guardians.
- Offer assistance to minors or disabled citizens, especially in regards to custody or legal guardianship matters.
- Provide those who were born abroad from Argentinian parents with the option to obtain Argentinian citizenship.
What the Consulate can not do for you
- Participate in legal issues or obtain release for citizens in prison.
- Give legal advice or instigate court proceedings on your behalf.
- Arrange care that is different than customary for local people in a hospital or prison.
- Undertake tasks corresponding to by travel representatives, airlines, banks or motoring organizations.
- Provide you with air transportation or funds to return to your country or to continue your trip, except in certain exceptional repatriation cases.
- Give you money or pay your hotel, legal, medical or any other bills.
- Obtain accommodation, work or a residence permit for you, or act as your guarantor.